No matter how many words I say about this project they won’t be enough. This is my bachelor graduation thesis. My folder with research, pictures and photos is 11, 3 GB. I have been to 2 yacht expos and I have seen the real manufacturing process. I have even sailed with one special yacht.
In this project I was working with two of my colleagues from the Technical University. My part of the project was the yacht exterior and the stairs between the different levels. In this project I confronted problems which I have never experienced before. In the project every solution, every line had its own place and reason. The main purpose in this yacht is: rationalization of every inch of the product, providing comfort to every person on board, and of course aesthetics in forms, shapes and lines.
I have developed two test models of the yacht. One is made of fibran, and part of the other one is made of plasticine.
In the beginning we had many ideas which were dropped for safety reasons as well as dimension and production limitations. One of the ideas was a yacht a yacht design with special ladder, folded in two in the back of the vessel. Another one was a “drop-down” which had to be located close to the upper deck. This seat had the option to be transformed into a ladder.
Achievements in the yacht design:
- Positioning and safety of the upper deck space
- The whole sidelong line of the yacht
– the front part of the yacht is higher than the back part. This ensures a broader space in front, better visual contrast and lower production expenses (in the back side stairs will have one step less).
- New functional segment for engine exploitation.
- New furniture arrangement and drop-down table in the middle.